Mark C. Anderson, FASAE, CAE
Mark is a Cygnet consulting partner applying his 30 year experience base as an innovative and business savvy association executive and CEO to assist other association leaders in creating the new association models of the future.
Since 1998, he has served as Executive Vice President & CEO of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, which has three different nonprofits and an LLC as part of its corporate structure. Overall, Mark is responsible for a 13-million-dollar budget. The family of organizations that Mark manages includes an individual membership organization, a charitable foundation, a 501(C6) organization, and an LLC that owns and manages the building for the ASSH and its sister organizations.
Specific areas of expertise and interest include:
- Creating Innovation in Associations
- Building Innovative culture and capacity in an association’s operating plan
- Using technology in strategic ways that enhance the value proposition
- Bringing knowledge-based strategic governance to board culture
- Developing effective Board agendas
- Creating high-performing staff cultures
- Employing business development and analysis to improve operational plans
- Helping organizations find a lean sweet spot
Mark is a fellow of the American Society of Association Executives, and Past Chair of ASAE’s Executive Management Council and the Journal of Association Leadership. He is the co-founder of the Prometheus Leadership Retreat. Mark has served on numerous committees and task forces, and is a frequent speaker at ASAE. The topics and areas he speaks on include:
- Strategic deployment of technology to enhance member value
- Innovation and building innovative board and staff cultures
- Leadership and board leadership development